Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 25 March 2011

more....... Thank You's..xx

Thank You for everyone's beautiful comments this last week..it's been a difficult time.. I can't tell you how much your blog comments mean to me... thank you for being there..xx

I had a beautiful surprise on Tuesday morning... flowers through the post.. how exciting.. all I could say to the postman was.. for me? he was smiling & I said oh!!! & grinned :) I was dashing out on the school run & 5 minutes later I would have missed him... I did have to wait until I got home before I could open them.. it made coming home to an empty house not as hard.....

These are the beautiful flowers that arrived from my very dear friend Sheila..

I carried the vase outside to show you the true colours of the flowers.. they are stunning..

& just look at all the buds!



I feel so very lucky indeed.. 

Thank You She ♥♥♥


I have been keeping busy this week.. on Tuesday I took another look at Tam's free online class... art, heart & healing.. 

I should have been doing housework.. but I did something for me instead! which is happen as well as for the rest of the week my little one has been home from Nursery with a heavy cold... which he very kindly decided to share with me yesterday :(

my attempt at a face from Tam's class..
 click to enlarge

not quite sure what the shadow is falling across her chin! I think a few weeds in the garden might need a trim!! isn't it lovely to be able to get some crafty photographs taken again outside.. I tried a few weeks ago & had too blu tack an atc to my son's sandpit lid.. not the best of ideas really! I gave up in the end!! & I know she has a mucky neck!! I tend to get carried away with my graphite pencil!!



I want to end my blog post at the end of the week on a positive note.. I don't often share my journal pages on my blog.. altho I seem to have done that a lot this week!
My next 2 pages are work in progress.... something I never, never do is leave my journal open when I am working on a page but I so wanted to share the words with everyone that has been with me this week via my blog..

I was very, very lucky to have a wonderful relationship with my Mum.. my Mum was my ROCK.. 

My Mum was the centre of our family.. & at the centre of my universe..


Many of my dear blog friends know I lost my Mum suddenly & unexpectedly..
something that is very hard to come to terms with..

I wanted to share the words on my journal pages with you.... my love of scrapbooking & journaling allow me to leave messages for the future..for my children & may be their children.. I love nothing more than looking at old photographs & letters from my Nan..

very, very sadly these words have come from a beautiful lady with an incredible crafty talent that is unfortunately going through a devastating loss..

Colleen is kindly letting me share this story with you..

I had never heard of this story before but someone read it at my Mum's memorial and I thought I'd share...It's called:
Dragonfly
Once, in a little pond, in the muddy water under the lily pads, there lived a little water beetle in a community of water beetles. They lived a simple and comfortable life in the pond with few disturbances and interruptions. Once in a while, sadness would come to the community when one of their fellow beetles would climb the stem of a lily pad and would never be seen again. They knew when this happened; their friend was dead, gone forever.

Then, one day, one little water beetle felt an irresistible urge to climb up that stem. However, he was determined that he would not leave forever. He would come back and tell his friends what he had found at the top. When he reached the top and climbed out of the water onto the surface of the lily pad, he was so tired, and the sun felt so warm, that he decided he must take a nap. As he slept, his body changed and when he woke up, he had turned into a beautiful blue-tailed dragonfly with broad wings and a slender body designed for flying.

So, fly he did! And, as he soared he saw the beauty of a whole new world and a far superior way of life to what he had never known existed. Then he remembered his beetle friends and how they were thinking by now he was dead. He wanted to go back to tell them, and explain to them that he was now more alive than he had ever been before. His life had been fulfilled rather than ended. But, his new body would not go down into the water. He could not get back to tell his friends the good news. Then he understood that their time would come, when they, too, would know what he now knew. So, he raised his wings and flew off into his joyous new life!
{Author Unknown}


What a beautiful story..

Colleen made a stunning card for a dear friend.. if you would like to call by & say Hi.. you can visit Colleen HERE

 I hope I can do the words justice in my art journal..
 I am now on the look out now for a dragonfly stamp!


Thank you for reading my blog post to the end..  I hope everyone has a lovely weekend & don't forget to give your loved ones an extra squodge.. if you are off to the NEC this weekend.. have a FABULOUS time.. Gez


9 comments:

  1. Hi Gez,
    I hadn't heard that story before but it is comforting. Thank you for sharing your page with us.
    Your 'Tam' face is really good. I'm still wading through the Faces course but need to practive more and share some of what I've done already.
    Beautiful flowers from Sheil - lucky girl. What would we do without friends.
    Have a good weekend.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gez, what a beautiful story. My mother died suddenly and with little warning 7 years ago and I still miss her very much - she was my life-long friend. Your flowers are gorgeous and you art work is a whole lot better than mine would be - laughed at her 'mucky neck' :) Hope you have a great weekend. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers Gez. I had heard the dragon fly story - I used to read it in assembly sometimes. I have a dragonfly stamp if you want it. It almost new and I don't use it. Email me and I will send you a pic. x Jo
    betts458@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful story Gez. Thanks for sharing it.
    Hugs,
    A x
    Check out WS006 on the rubber stamp shelf over in the blog shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful story Gez and wonderful flowers. Loving your journal and your face. Enjoy the sunshine, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gez,
    I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I have been ill for a while and haven't blooged until today so I was not aware. The story is beautiful and so profound.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gez, The flowers are so subtle in their colours.... really beautiful. It is amazing how uplifted they make you feel. The face is just lovely too. I have the Suzy Blue course still waiting to be opened on my computer but just have no time spare to start it yet. The dragonfly story was one we used 17 years ago to help our children 'understand' when their Garandad left us very suddenly. I also used it as inspiration for a final art piece in a mixed media course I did. It is just so beautiful and I feel sure will touch many readers. Thanks so much for sharing it in your journal. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss Gez, the flowers are really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx