Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Something Completely Different!

My DD celebrated her 17th birthday last week! goodness..... where did the time go!!!

I wanted to make her something completely different for her birthday & I had hoped to sign up for a fabulous online class.. but didn't realise registration shut & I miss out! sooooooo.... I thought I'd have a go anyway...


I started with a piece of blank mountboard & stamped a background us a gorgeous stamp from Stampotique Originals called Antique Description.



Then I painted the background using acrylic paints.. I then stamped in the centre another of my favourite Stampotique stamps.. A friend is... 

I doodled the girl & used an offcut of  Basic Grey paper for her dress that I distressed a little using Splatter stamp.. voila!

My little guy (see post below!) couldn't grasp DD's name when he was tiny & so Rae Rae stuck!


Mmmmmmmmm......


Thank you for calling. Wishing everyone a happy weekend..xx

11 comments:

  1. just love the stampboard piece hun its so effective,and as for the chocolate yummy,hugs cheyrl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stampboard art its just lovely sorry to hear you missed the closing date Gez!!!

    The chocolate heart is just so much more lovely with Rae Rae!! time flys far too fast with our children but gosh it makes me feel old!!! lol

    Have a great weekend Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transferred from comments box below!..

    Blogger Paper Paradise said...

    Hope you are soon on the mend Gez. Love this mountboard picture. The doodling ans girl are amazing, all blended really well with that yummy background, bunting and flowers. You must be so happy with this. I just love the text stamps you have used. Off to do a bit of online shopping ......must have some of these! Thanks for the inspiration. Sue x

    19 March 2011 07:08

    Thanks Sue.. Happy shopping! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creation. Love you own woman on this. Makes it completely unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation, Gez. Love your doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe this is beautiful my lovely! Just right for Rae Rae! I hope that she had a fabulous birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mountboard picture, it's so bright and happy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great happy looking piece - I'm sure Rae loved it! Hope she had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful doodling,so beautiful Gez! Love the nice soft colours your composition

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful piece Gez, love the colours :-) Eyes off the choc!
    I've just found 50' of freezer paper online at £3.99 so that's not bad, just waiting for confirmation of postage. Did you want some calico? you can get it in Dunelm Mill - well depending on how big the nearest one to you is, as the smaller ones don't sell fabric. There's a great fabric shop in Dewsbury that sells it too, so that's handy for me.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely picture,Gez....I'm sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx