Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Thank You..xx

..... for everyone's kind wishes yesterday & hugs! I have been blessed to have made a few really good blog friends. Thank You..XXXXX

I didn't know whether to share this page on my blog but then it got me thinking of a poem I would like to share...

I'm known for doodling in my art journal while I am waiting for the kettle to boil last thing at night... can't go to bed without my hot water bottle!!!! .......... quite often, the water boils... I doodle.... time gets on & my water has gone cold!!!!

This is my page I made last night... the words on my page came from a page in a magazine.. they spoke volumes to me!



I Gesso'd the background.. I love how the brush strokes have shown up & filled in the page with my beloved Neo II watercolour crayons :)


While I cope amidst my grief I couldn't help but feel a tug on my heartstrings last week when I saw a Japenese lady on the news.. looking for her Mum.... all around her was debris that was once a village..... amongst the rubble of the town where she lived... the lady spotted a piece of curtain that she recognised as her Mum's...... how heartbreaking...

This is the poem I want to share with you on my blog.... it's taken from a page in my children's scrapbook.... their books are full of photographs, memories, events & words I'd like to pass on to them........

because you just never know..




If tomorrow never comes...

If I knew it would be the last time
that I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly
and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

If I knew it would be the last time
that I see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss
and call you back for one more.

If I knew it would be the last time
I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
I would video tape each action and word,
so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time,
I could spare an extra minute or two
to stop and say "I love you,"
instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.

If I knew it would be the last time
I would be there to share your day,
well I'm sure you'll have so many more,
so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow
to make up for an oversight,
and we always get a second chance
to make everything right.

There will always be another day
to say our "I love you's",
And certainly there's another chance
to say our "Anything I can do's?"

But just in case I might be wrong,
and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you
and I hope we never forget,

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance
you get to hold your loved one tight..

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
you'll surely regret the day,
That you didn't take that extra time
for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
and you were too busy to grant someone,
what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,
whisper in their ear,
Tell them how much you love them
and that you'll always hold them dear,

Take time to say "I'm sorry," "please forgive me,"
"thank you" or "it's okay".
And if tomorrow never comes,
you'll have no regrets about today.




Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post today. Gez

21 comments:

  1. Bless - bought tears to my eyes. Love your doodle - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a moving poem and your colours are beautiful. Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your doodle Gez Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very very beautiful, sending you hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Gez and hoping that happy memories are helping you through. Absolutely true sentiment in the poem...we all get so complacent don't we.
    On a lighter note, your journal page is wonderful...stunning "doodle" (!). I love those crayons too.
    Hugs, Lindsay x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typing through my tears here Gez....it's an age thing I'm sure :-)
    Beautiful poem and one I believe in....I never fail to tell my children how much I love them and how proud I am of them because I remember the amount I grew when my own father told me [not in height sadly as I'm still only 5 foot tall!].
    Focus on those happy memories and you will get through the difficult times.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears here too, love that poem, thank you.

    Sheilagh xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how this brings out the importance of how fragile life can be. The poem is beautiful and just reminds us to take that little bit of extra time with our families and friends and to let them know how very special they are......
    Love the journal page, it has turned out beautifully and the words are amazing! Thinking of you... Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The poem is so moving Gez and your page is a delight to see. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking of you - you know why. I found it so hard as you still do too. A beautiful poem.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  11. To a special friend - I love you x

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your poem and your journaling page is beautiful! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gez. Bless you. A wonderful post and an important reminder not to take things for granted especially loved ones.

    Take care
    Love Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made a very special journal page with very special words that really tugged at me darling. You are a very special person who I am blessed to know, love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely doodle and poem Gez. You've made me cry again today! Thanks, it's good to be reminded to slow down and appreciate our family and friends more, K x

    ReplyDelete
  17. so masny floods of tears here Gez what have you done to me *sniff* I am happy I am content and I feel your sorrow at this time God Bless you all. I love your page and I also thought about all the poor children who had lot their parents while they were protected. When things like this happen I also try to remember the positive things like the new flowers popping up in my garden and the beautiful blossom on the trees by children and Grand son.

    I suppose I am saying we have much to be grateful for and you will meet your mother again in the next life this life is not the end and hold that thought when you visit

    Love and hugs hunny Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely poem Gez - it says it all doesn't it.
    Hugs -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning page Gez :-) Couldn't read the whole poem 'cos I was already welling up just reading what you'd put on your page.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous poem Gez, it's very moving.... and I love what you've done with your journal page :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx