Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 11 April 2011

Altered Pencil Pots

I am constantly looking for the perfect handy containers for my art journaling supplies that I like to keep handy & not have to go looking for in a drawer or a cupboard.. I thought these pencil pots from a local supermarket would be ideal.

before pic..

and after!
click to enlarge

Arty from Stampotique Originals was the perfect girl for this project & she fitted onto the front of the box perfectly :) Her face & petals were coloured with Copic pens.. dress & shoes by Perfect Pearls!

Lying in bed.. made for the perfect sentiment for my other box.

The background was painted with Eco Green Crafts paint & stamped with one of my favourited stamps Twigs and also the Honeycomb background stamp. 

These boxes were so much fun to alter & decorate.. can't wait to find a space for them on my crafty Welsh dresser :)

Thank you for calling & leaving a comment if you get the chance. I am sharing this project over on the Stampotique Designer's Blog.. hope you can pop over & see all the wonderful creations from the Design Team.. a great place for inspiration.

Have a great Monday. Gez

15 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Gez! Love your pencil pots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the 'new' pots Gez and I am also loving the Eco paints too just now..just ordered some more..they are fab! Take Care and hope you have a great Easter break..one more week for us!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Gez, the colours are gorgeous and the sentiment is fantastic :-) I'd need to find space to keep them on my desk - I really need to sort it out!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific transformation......my paintbrushes are in a plain baked beans tin (large size) so you have really put me to shame....sob sob. Have a lovely day, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Square pencil pots are fab since they don't waste space on your desk when you line them up! Love what you did to these and that sentiment made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really pretty, far beter than when you bought them my lovely! Love that quote haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pots Gez. I love the Spring feel to them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great storage idea Gez and so pretty too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pots are great...much improved on the original, for sure!!! The 'lying in bed' sentiment is brill!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although the dots on the original boxes are "nice" your altered finished boxes are superb.

    Love that sentiment. haha

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love what you have done wth these little pots!!! Just fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful project and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic idea, I usually get this type of pencil and paper sets as gifts, normally in patterns I don't like, now I want to dig them out and re-decorate them :)
    =D-TST

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx