Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 30 May 2011

Global warming...

or is Blogger on a meltdown? 

My sincere apologies for being unable to leave blog comments on some blogs.. for 4 days now I have had no dashboard bar up at the top of my blog.. I couldn't sign in or anything! I also noticed that my followers box disappeared.. will try visiting blogs again this week.

Today I can share with you a page I made recently for a chunky book swap hosted by She. She has worked very hard making everyone covers for the books & binding the pages.. another week before I shall see mine.. I am so excited!

I know this page has been received so I am okay to blog.. Joanne's theme was months of the year & I was given January..here is the sneak peak again from the other week!



Here is the page I made for Joanne..


 click to enlarge..... hope you like your page Joanne?!

The plain mountboard was squooshed with Distress Inks & Blonde Moments gold shimmer then stamped with a rather large snowflake stamp I've had for years.. not quite sure of it's name..sorry!

I know Joanne is a bit of a Stampotique fan so I couldn't resist using Global Warming? quickly sent to me from The Stamp Attic .. thank you again Wendy!

The page is covered in Distress Stickles to give the effect of ice, not sure if it shows up very well in the pic & Glossy Accents on the snowman's eyes & buttons.. his heart was covered with Crackle Glossy accents which crackled very nicely but this pic is taken before it was dry..luckily I didn't put my finger in it which is what usually happens!!

The snowflake buttons were a brilliant idea from Wendy!

Thank you for calling & leaving a comment if you get the chance. Wishing everyone a great week whatever the weather.. we've just had 4 weeks of rain :( & it's raining again today! This is getting beyond a joke!! or perhaps it is global warming??

Promise to call as soon as Blogger will let me.. Gez.xx


 

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only love my page but I ADORE it. Being the first one and seeing Stampotique made me squeel with joy. Will be blogging my book later. Thank you so very much Gez.
    Hugs Joanne xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page.....Blogger is a bad boy at the moment! Here's hoping this publishes ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page. Can't wait to see mine. Not sure when but getting very excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page!! Isn't Global Warmng fun?....the stamp I mean, not the event!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes blogger is being a bit of a plonker but we won't say that, after all, he just might turn off all together! Lovely page, poor snowman, as a kid I always wondered where they went!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super page and a lot of work put into it. I wouldn't know where to start with something like that.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stamp to use to highlight global warming. Very creative piece. I have had lots of problems with blogger too, drives you mad LOL. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab page Gez - your friend will love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page, love the snowflake stamp and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that stamp got to you in time Gez,look what you did with it!! Fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That made me really laugh. Great idea to use the calendar tab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gez great page. I'm so glad I'm not alone in not being able to leave gooey things to dry without poking them hahaha

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great page Gez Ilove the idea of the calendar and of course I love the stamp I have used it in the past as Global Warming.
    Lots of peeps are having problems with blogger at the moment fingers crossed I'm ok with it.
    Have a good half term with your children.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice page gez-loving the background:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool is this - such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i adore this page .... the snowman is so cute, even though he has lost his head!! and I like the calender detail! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this artpiece! It is whimsical and creative and beautifully done. Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx