Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Thursday, 26 May 2011

Take a word

I'm feeling a bit nervous joining a challenge for the first time! (I am known for getting the wrong end of the stick!!)

I was so inspired to play after visiting Sue's blog on Monday. The challenge this week over at Take a Word is Zetti   

The challenges are based on a one word theme to take you off into your imagination...which I did & it was so much fun! Just what I needed!

I got very painty & messy & both Gemini twins were happy!  (Grungy & Kawaii!) It is very rare I am happy with my creations but this is great to me.. hope you like it!

I won't bore you with an explanation into my thinking behing the tag.. but aren't bee's AMAZING little creatures!

I've used fabulous Eco-Friendly acrylic paints available from The Stamp Attic in the UK & a gorgeous digi image from Lily Chilvers Octopode Factory - what a great combination!

Hope I'm not in too much trouble for adding colour to my zetti tag. Thank you for a great challenge.

Thanks also for calling & leaving a comment if you get the chance. 

Happy crafting. Gez




22 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cool, Love the colours they are really zingy. Love the Bee's hat with One sting remaining. LOL Love Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gez!!! I am so happy that I inspired you to take part in the Take a Word challenge! I can't believe it's your first time joining a challenge!!
    You did a great job....your tag is FABULOUSLY Zetti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe.. think I meant to word it.. first time joining the Take a Word challenge.. *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB tag! Love the painted background and the cute bee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tag, love the bright background and the bee is cutely quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic ,just love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag... I'm plucking up the courage to join some of the (as I call them) more arty challenges in the hopes it will help me develop in an arty way... but boy there's a lot to live up to...
    not sure I'm ready !! lol

    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you haven't done a challenge before! and what is Zetti??? Am I very uncultured or just thick?? Never heard it before. Oh, your art is gorgeous - can't say if it's Zetti or not though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I cannot believe you have not done a challenge before. Great start, love your zetti piece, great background too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness gracious Gez surely this is not your first time. A truly professional piece which I absolutely adore and would frame for an exhibition. Very well done you.
    big hugs for that
    Joanne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe.. what are you lot like!!!

    think I meant to word it.. first time joining the.. Take a Word challenge..

    *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super colours Gez, love that image.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo like it a lot Gez!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's a breathtaking take, love the background colors and the stitching ist fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so so fantabulous!!! Love the colours, your lettering is gorgeous, I think the stapled flower is such a gorgeous detail and I adore the pom poms! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's fabby, Gez! I know what you mean about challenge nerves lol - got the wrong end of the stick myself a couple of times....!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! I love your inky painty background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Gez! You put things together so well!I love the colours too!
    Love, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely glorious, Gez. Great colours and background and I love the zetti touches. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. brilliant first time piece Gez....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx