Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Thursday, 7 July 2011

My chunky book page!

Art and crafting is normally my solace..... my escape from reality...... a time to re-charge my batteries ready to face everything that's being thrown at me.... I love to journal spill but that won't even come at the moment!

My sister-in-law is critically ill in hospital. She's only 41 with a family of her own.. waiting for some good news is almost painful. I feel so helpless :(

I've a couple of crafty drafts on my blog and this one hit a cord!


It's a page I made recently for a chunky book swap.. my page.. the page I made for my own book! 

My theme was....... 'be happy' 

I wanted everyone taking part in the swap to share a page with me enjoying doing what makes their heart sing..

I love getting inky and painty and playing with colours.. my page was inspsired by the wonderful artwork of Kate Crane. Gosh, has that lady got talent!

Here's my page..

Art is the triumph over chaos... so help me now!

Stamps used: Midge, Honeycomb Background, Twigs and Splatter all available from Stampotique Originals

The background was worked in Distress Inks and gold paint.. the words are computer generated.. one of my favourite sayings! Along, with.. make every day count! We really should..

Thank you for calling today and leaving a comment if you get the chance.xx 

Thanks also to my wonderful new followers this week.. thank you for joining me! Have a beautiful day. Hugs, Gez.xx

21 comments:

  1. Positive thoughts for you all. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page. So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you have good news soon, you are so right about making every day count, every day is different from the last and indeed the next! Will be thinking of you. Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page, Gez! Best wishes for your sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely page Gez and I like the saying too. Hope your SIL is OK...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous , love the theme and the colors. sending healing thoughts to your sister in law :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gez,
    So sorry to hear the news about your sister-in-law. I pray that you get good news soon.
    Love the journal page.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gez, stunning page :-) Sorry to hear you're family is having a tough time my heart goes out to your sis-in-law
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page Gez. Good job you have something to counter-act all the things being throw at you! Hope you get some good news about SIL soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gezi !!! Your page as ever my friend is just amazing !!!! I am so sorry to read about your SIL !!! I am hoping and praying that you get that good news phone call !!! SENDING YOU HUGS MY FRIEND

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome page Gez do hope you get good news about your sister-in-law.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful page - hope things get less chaotic for you soon and that SiL shows some improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gorgeous Gez, fab page. Much love to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great page, love the random sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gez, I am so sorry to hear that your sister-in-law is not feeling well. Positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Art is an escape. I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a lovely page gez-great mix of colours-very brave :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, I just tried to leave a comment and got an error message grrrrrrrrr ...... I'll try again......
    Very sorry to hear about your SIL and I do hope you get some good news soon.
    Love your page, and thanks for the shout :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful page, love the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful page Gez! Sorry to read about your sister in law. Hope all will turn out for the rigth. Wishing you and all your dear ones strenght xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi,

    your artwork is wonderful!.... I love the gorgeous bright colours ... the fabby stitching detail and all the torn edges .... I too Love Kate Crane's work, I jave just ordered her dvd, I cant wait for it to arrive!

    P.S I am so so sorry to hear of your sister in law's ilness, thinking of you and sending big cyber hugs!!!

    Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx