Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ Altered page

It's time for a FANTASTIC new challenge over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.. I really hope you can join us!


Please can I say a very BIG Thank You first...... for everyone's condolences and kind wishes on my last post.. it's been a most dreadful time in my little world with a long way still to go... I have to gain some kind of peace hoping my Mother & Father are together again.. it's been a harrowing time watching my Father suffer in the months before his death and at times I have wondered how we are allowed as civilised human beings allowed to watch a kindred spirit suffer in such a way... I now face organising a funeral.. what a learning curve.. I would like to say some words at my Father's funeral but I am sure I haven't the confidence.. something I'm thinking about... in the mean time I have enjoyed getting painty for the latest Stampotique Designer's Challenge.


I decided to take photographs along the way.. so please bare with me!


 sneak peak!

First of all I coated the pages in white Gesso and waited for them to dry properly..


 
I was so lucky to work in someone's journal.. it was a terrifying experience.. ..when it's not your own book!!

I inked up Antique Description (MUST have stamp! can't wait to show you more projects using this wonderful stamp!) using black Archival Ink.. I needed to use an ink that was permanent and an that wouldn't bleed when I applied more wet layers..

next I coloured the pages with Distress Inks..



now time for some fun!

 I stamped Splatter Long and Abstract Foliage on my pages..

then I stamped Arty and lots, and lots! of Drawing Pencils
onto watercolour paper..

  close ups!
lots of lovely thick blobby (technical word!) paint..

 ... more close ups!

my finished page..
click to enlarge


Special thanks to Val for a great challenge. Would you like to join our challenge? 

Well then, Val is challenging you to try altering a page in a book, any book, even a journal. How fabby is that!

Please pop over to the Stampotique Designer's Challenge to see some gorgeous inspiration from the Design Team to whet your appetite and remember if you do decide to join us you may be in with a chance to win a $30 gift certificate for Stampotique. As its the first challenge of the month you can use any stamps at all, although it's great if you do choose to use Stampotique of course! 

Good luck and enjoy the challenge!


~♥♥~ 


I promise to call and thank everyone personally for their lovely comments regarding my Dad.. thank you everyone for being there and for making me feel not so alone... it may be a week or two so please forgive.. Much love, Gez.Xxx

31 comments:

  1. Hi Gez,
    It's fascinating to see how you build these pages up. For someone like me who does do journalling it let's me appreciate just how much work goes into it. This is a gorgeous mix of colour and ideas.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page Gez :)Love the combo of colours.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Gez,
    Just spotted my mistake - should have read "for someone who does not do journalling...".
    Sorry,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love these pages Gez.
    Stay strong and I really hope the next few weeks pass without a hitch for you.
    Big hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see how the page developed :) that text stamp is lovely, not spotted that one before!!
    Your finished piece is fab-u-lous....the pencils along the top make a great border.
    Keep ya chin up, you'll get through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Gez waht a cool page and great little workshop.
    Fantastic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page....and brilliant instructions!!! You've definitely inspired me to go and get 'painty'!
    Don't envy the task you have ahead of you this week, but I hope all goes well.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not your journal Gez, wow! you can come and play in mine any day. Just an amazing piece and what imagination.
    Hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and clever pages Gez :)love your creativeness . art is therapeutic:)think of you sweetie.
    hugs,Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page, love the thinking behind it! Hope you're coping OK, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see you are finding some crafty outlets to keep you strong. Just keep thinking that your parents are now together and that your Dad is no longer suffering K X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been thinking about you this week! Your journal page is amazing and I love the step by step directions...I really need to be inspired to step out of that comfort zone and I think you just did it. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very sorry for your loss. Hope all the arrangements go smoothly and hope you find the strength to read. Your pages are just stunning!!!! Lots of hugs. Anesha :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pages are very sweet. Loving the sentiment. You are in my thoughts.
    Hugs,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gez, I have been sending loving thoughts and warm hugs your way. Your tutorial could not be more brilliant and the result is absolute genius! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful inspiration.
    Many hugs,
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful journal pages, i love the images you chose.
    Sending love your way, and you will get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gez, I was asked to speak at Mum's funeral but knew I wouldn't be able to so I wrote a poem about her and it was included in the service sheet...maybe worth a thought my friend :) Keep hangin' in there!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gez- I am sooooo IN FOR THE LONG PENCIL THING ! lolol Yep- I would do it in a minute! GORGEOUS book pages!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing page! Love it, Gez!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely page - beautiful colours.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful page. So sorry to read about your dad - it is so hard to deal with. Hang in there x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful colourpage Gez, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely page Gez, and great to see the process too! Thinking of you....x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so pleased that you found the time to lose yourself in some play my lovely! This is just an amazing page xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Art is so therapeutic especially journalling and this page is wonderful.
    I hope you manage your reading, we are all so afraid of breaking down in front of others but it doesn't matter everyone understands. Hope you find the strength, thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two wonderful pages, great colors and images.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Once again I'm totally in awe of your creativity and skill - gorgeous project x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Brilliant! What more can I say? Much love Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this page & sorry to hear about your Dad hope you bearing up ok
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  31. I adore these journal pages Gez. Really love them. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx