Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge

It's time for a fabulous new challenge over at Stampotique Designers Challenge my apologies for not making it round to everyone.. I will be calling soon I promise.. life is a little upside down at the moment as I am arranging for my Dad's ashes to be put next to my Mum's tomorrow..

The lovely, gorgeous and talented Kate has set a brilliant challenge for you this time.. here is what Kate had to say..

I am always looking for ways to make art which is useful, something I can use in every day life so what better than a bookmark? You can never have enough of these ... I like to use them to mark pages in all of my favourite art publications! You can make any type of  bookmark: A traditional straight bookmark, a corner bookmark, a swinging tag ... In any style: Vintage, funky, cute or weird. Anything goes! So go and dig out all for your favourite Stampotique stamps, it's time to get creative!

Here's my bookmark for the challenge.. doing it's job!



My bookmark is fairly flat as I didn't want anything too bulky warping the pages.. the background is a piece of old map.. showing London! so I just had to make Toby king for the day!


I've also used Jo Capper-Sandon's crown which fits perfectly on Toby's head.

Hope you can join us and play along for your chance to win a $30 gift certificate. Good luck. Gez.xx


13 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it.
    hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby tag it made me smile :)
    Thinking of you......my mum and dad are together on rose bed number 6
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag, it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bookmark Gez, love the map in the background and Toby looks perfect with his crown. Thinking of you. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work, as always, Gez! Love and thoughts heading your way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the old map as the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous bookmark Gez. I love the background and the way you coloured Toby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab bookmark. Thinking of you particularly today - hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Gez. Sending more hugs your way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Gez,I love the way you have used an old map as your background.
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a great bookmark, so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx