Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 28 August 2011

My wonderful day at AFTH!

Well! I promised my next post would be crafty!

What I didn't tell you was it would be to share some art journaling pages I made at the More mini journaling inspirations workshop by Kate Crane at Art from the Heart.

What an AMAZING day.. sadly, over wayyyy too quickly!

It was lovely to finally put faces to names. I was lucky enough to spend the day in the company of lots of fantastic talented ladies.. 

...just the tonic I needed. Thank You lovely ladies.xxxxx


Here are 2 of my pages from Kate's workshop..
lots of texture and shimmer going on!

 We used Dylusions paints and inks and Kate let us try out her dip pen :-)
The gorgeous girlie is one of Dina Wakley amazing new stamps.


Kate shared more exciting techniques with us and challenged us to use a rub-on, on our page.. the gorgeous little boy stamp is from Stampotique Originals.. Art from the Heart have an amazing range of Stampotique Original stamps :-) and what an Aladdins cave!

If you pop over to Kate's blog you will see her latest gorgeous journaling page and see the table groaning with lots of yumminess for us to play with on the day! Also, my lovely friend She celebrating her birthday!!

I've only got one photo to share with you at the moment with my lovely talented friend Clare..

 Clare I've borrowed your pic.. much better than mine! eek.. I forgot to take my pinny off!!

What can I say.. I had an amazing day.. I wasn't really sure if I should go.. but I am so glad I did.. I enjoyed every single minute.. and miss you all so much already..

Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome and relaxed..
Can't believe how fast the day actually went.

Really, really hope it isn't too long before we can ALL meet up again.

Smiles, laughter, cake, fantastic company and lots and lots of paint and stamps.. 
..what more could a girl want!

Thank You!.. Gez.XXXXX


~♥♥~


Edited......... added another nabbed photo! (thanks, Sheila)
for the full story behind this photo pop over to Crafty She's blog!


~♥♥♥~






27 comments:

  1. Aw looks like you had the best time Gez.

    Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Net.. we did finger painting!!!

    Would love to have seen the look on your face.. hehe.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a terrific day Gez with wonderful resuls. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like brilliant therapy to me :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you enjoying yourself, you deserve it. Your pages are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great day:) I am a greener shade of green now!! I went to AFTH a couple of weeks ago just to see if it was a good as I thought it was. It was even better, now I want to do some workshops... SOON!!

    so glad you had a great time.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pages are fab! I just know this would have been the perfect tonic you needed - and deserved! Hope you get to enjoy another day like this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow looks like you had a wonderful time hun these are amazing pages hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous pages Gez, love your colours. We did have a good time and it was wonderful to meet you, hope it won't be too long before we meet again. Keep smiling, hugs Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will keep smiling Ann as I remember our wonderful day.

    Thank You! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had a great day Gez, you were well overdue for one! The pages look fab, great combo of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, fantastic pages in great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pages Gez. So glad you had such a good day and it was lovely to meet you at last pity we didn't have time for a long chat we were all way too busy. Hope to see you there again in the near future.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby pages and sounds like a fabby time :) You know I am so jealous ;)
    Hugs Sioux xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant pages Gez. Sounds like you had a wonderful, just the tonic you needed. Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehe.. sorry Sioux!

    We will definately have to go together next time you are visiting this way hun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pages Gez - so glad you had a fab time.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. glad you had a great time gez-t was well needed ;) fabulous pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A well deserved day for enjoying yourself Gez, just love your pages.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am looking forward to creating you a page She. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look wonderful Gez and so glad to read that you had a great enjoyable day.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the picture of the 3 of you together, looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It was great to meet you, albeit briefly! Your pages are so beautiful, I got myself in such a pickle lol, at least that's what it felt like!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooooo....I am sooooooo jealous now!!!! But i am also thrilled that you had this day...you so so deserve it my lovely friend! fabulous pages made & lovely to see pics of you smiling, HUGS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh what a fab book you have made. I went to a class at Dyans at the end of July - isnt it a fabulous place to be - I thought of you when I saw all of the Stampotique stamps but I ended up on the other side of the shop by the Stampers Anonymous ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx