Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Thursday, 22 December 2011

A little bit of this n that.. and a Christmas wish!

Hi my dear blog friends.. my apologies for not being around quite as much as I would have liked these past few weeks.. I am hoping to get round and catch up with everyone really soon and have BIG hopes for the new year!

It's been a fair few busy months since my Father passed away with lots of adjusting and impossible things needing sorting out.. also my children and I having to adjust to our new life.. and deal with the big hole that's been left in our lives in our own way.. all these things taking me away from my dear blog and crafty friends.. I am hoping happier days lie ahead for everyone in the new year.

I have been trying to find some 'me' time every now and again and have one or two things to share with you today..

My dear friend She over at Crafty She's blog has spent one or two wonderful days visiting.. bringing home-made soup and cake.. we have had great fun chatting.. eating.. and er.. a little bit of crafting.. Sheila very kindly let me borrow her brand new pastels to play with until we meet again.. how sweet is that.. promise I have only had a little play She.xx

Here I've made an Atc using the pastels on the background... I have been dropping BIG hints to my children.. these are what a want NEED to keep me sane.. I mean Christmas!!





..lots of lovely embossing detail! Thanks for the tip She.xx

My apologies if the photo looks a bit blurdy.. goodness, these new cameras today.. why do they need so many different settings!!.. I am hoping to find a suitable one for the start of next year.. it's on my to-do list!!

As for Mr Blogger adding in line spaces which don't exsist on my draft! grr!

...
I've been keeping up with my sketching and while I know it's a long, long way from perfect.. it keeps my fingers busy and relaxes my mind! Hopefully, with practice I can improve.


All good fun!

I must just show you one last thing before I send you all my Christmas wishes.. my dearest Tom started school in September admist all the heartache.. needless, to say, he still isn't settled. :-( school are being fantastic tho.. Tom surprised me with a picture/calendar that he made at school the other day.. I shall hang it proudly on my crafty dresser!

                                                     ♥ my bestest buddy ♥

I better show you my other two bestest buddies too! (All great company on their own.. put them together and it's another story!!!!!)

We had snow last weekend.. did you?

just look at Tom on this one!!
tired.. worn out.. but happy!

~~

I would like to thank everyone that has taken their time this year to call and leave a blog comment and hopefully forgiving for me not always managing to call in return straight away.

Wishing everyone a WONDERFUL Christmas

lots of love, joy and peace

now and in 2012

 Stamps used: Noel Dog & Happy Everything!



Love to you all, Gez.xx




Footnote* Anyone interested in a free grey kitten??.. looks innocent.. loves to climb Christmas trees and undress them! ... speciality interest picking the sealant from brand new windows.. GGRr! 

I think our dearest Smudge might well be on Santa's naughty list this year!
.. does she look like she cares! ;-)

XXXX

19 comments:

  1. Hope you have a very Happy Christmas, it will be my first Christmas without Mum, too, so will be very different - but I will be with family which is all that matters.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post gez. Your snowy photo are fab and your drawing is beautiful - clever you. Have a great Christmas and a happy 2012. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely post today....full of interesting things ;) Hope the pastels turn up in you stocking ;)
    Take care and enjoy a Christmas full of good things :) (it takes time but life has a habit of turning itself around eventually.....I feel a journal page coming on! LOL)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post darling. I too have found comfort in drawing the last few days. You lose yourself in a good way. Wonderful work my lovely, its always a pleasure to call here. I hope that Christmas is kind to you & your children, many HUGS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing a parent, forever leaves an empty space Gez. Remembering them with joy helps the pain to diminish.

    Loving all your projects, but especially your fab drawing.

    Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and a Joyful New Year, Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what fabulous creations, I love your drawing, very creative and the snowy pictures make me feel very Christmassy. Hope you have a wonderful, peaceful Christmas and the very best for a wonderful New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gez, The loss never goes away but it does get easier. Lets hope 2012 comes with happier times. Sending you lots of love and festive hugs.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say she doesn't look like she cares, but she does look cute!
    I wish you everything wonderful for the new year hun. I wish we lived closer so I could come for a crafty play and gossip.
    I love your drawing and your snowy pics too.
    take care of yourself please xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Gez Iknow what you mean about having BIG hopes for next year...I too am hoping for more :0)) and less :0((...Hope you have the most fantastic Christmas despite the big gaping hole...I know I am going to try but it will not be easy!!

    Take care of you
    lots of love
    Kirsti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you & your family a wonderful holiday! I know this year will be a little more difficult for all of you and will be sending my thoughts & prayers to you all during this time. I don't envy the snow though...my kids aren't big on it either. Big hugs! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your ATC ..... the colours are just gorgeous!!

    The sketching is fabulous!! ... I promised myself at the beginning of last year that I would do an art from the heart painting course but as yet I have not started - maybe next year.

    Thank you for all your inspiration throughout the year.

    Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Gez,

    Your sketch is fantastic and it's lovely seeing all your snowy pics too - and Tom's Calendar!

    Wishing you all a good Christmas and a Happy New Year too,

    Best Wishes,

    Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas!!! Hope we get together in the new year! Swap you your cat for my moaning myrtle tortie, she wants you to hug her and love her but your not allowed to touch her! Figure that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending (((((Big Hugs))))) to you and your gorgeous family. The first Christmas without a parent is a hard one to get through, but you will. Make a point of talking about your dad, Christ

    mas memories and jokes he may have told. Honour him and his memory, toast him (with juice kids!) enjoy the day, I am sure he wouldn't want you to be sad. Be joyful because he was your dad.

    By the way, I love your ATC and your drawing.

    Sheilagh
    xxxx

    Happy Christmas sweetheart xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you and yours a Very Happy Christmas and may 2012 be a good one for you. Love Smudge, she can so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Also a Merry Christmas to you and yours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Christmas Gez to you and your lovely family. You are an inspiration and I wish all good fortune for the coming year. x

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ps..well there just had to be, didn't there?? Love ♥♥♥ Smudge Butter Kitty...Archie is still 'high' on CatNip!!! Speak soon..Love S xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx