Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 18 February 2012

Gingersnap Creations ~ C137 Words of Wisdom

I've taken the plunge and decided to play along with the Gingersnap Creations challenge blog.. I have been admiring their challenges since I discovered them as part of the Stampotique Guest DT in January.

Hoping I have read the instructions correctly!! I have made a tag using one of the brand new stamps from Daniel Torrente.

I am entering my tag for the..

 C137: Chestnut Theme Challenge - Words of Wisdom
Stamp used: Friend

The background was made using an old sheet of text from a damaged book.. I used a stencil and blended pastels for the brick effect. I then generated my words on computer and added a length of co-ordinating dyed ribbon to the tag. (That was so much fun to make too! using Distress Inks, water and lots of scrunching!)

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. 

Have a great weekend. Gez..xx


19 comments:

  1. aww,i love him:)
    loving the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background but aw, poor little mite - what a sad state to be in! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Gez! I love this tag so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag looks wonderful, the saying is really true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is one really brilliant tag Hun,the detail is just amazing hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Gez. I really do love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag, love love the background and the image and text are fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wise words indeed, and I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this, Gez - and that saying is so true x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gez, I love the technique and sentiment on your tag. I got your message, and I was glad to hear from you. I know it is hard to see our love ones pass on. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Gez, just love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Gez, I love your background and the way you have created your brick effect x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab tag and he's perfect with the sentiment, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Gez. LOVE it! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable tag c",)
    Love this!
    *Hugs, Inger*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gez, it's a while since I have hopped around blog land but I see you have been busy. I love everything that you have been doing, and this tag is just awesome! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem for your Words Of Wisdom piece, Gez!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx