Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 26 March 2012

Up with the birds.. & Sunday Stampers challenge

I was on Saturday morning.. and off to a walk-in health access centre for some antibiotic's.. I managed to take 3 doses and felt slightly alive and able to get to one of Hels's workshops being held locally yesterday.

I hope I didn't look to poorly! I am suffering with a ear and throat infection (as well as my fat lip but that's another story!) so today I intend to rest.. well, that's the plan ;-)

It's, ages and ages and ages since I joined the Sunday Stampers challenge.. life is pretty hectic but I took advantage of my rest time this morning to play along.

This weeks challenge is to include a bird on your creation this week.. here is my entry..


I thought I would share a sneak peak/tease photo of the gorgeous tags we made in class yesterday. I love them all so much ♥♥


It was great to meet up with some familiar crafty friends and also make some new ones! and to finally meet the one and only Hels.. altho, the day was tinged with sadness.. theives :-( can you believe it.. it opened my eyes :-(

It was lovely to meet up with Joanne again, it's SOooo long since we spent any time together crafting but it felt like old times straight away.. and we were really well behaved!!!! :-D

I got a surprise parcel from another dear crafty friend Chris and to browse through her gorgeous journal that she brought with her :-)

 
Now I need to sort myself out a crafty apron so I can wear my new brooch with pride at our next workshop :-)

There was a great atmosphere in the class, it was great to see one of my old teamies from the Anything Goes challenge blog Kathryn.. who had travelled all the way over from Sheffield.. she said she recognised me from my avatar! and to meet Joan and the other two lovely ladies sat either side.. sorry I am hopeless with names.. I can't wait to do it all over again tho :-)
Thank you everyone for a great day. Gez -x-



17 comments:

  1. Love your bird art, and the tags from Hels' class. Shame stuff got stolen, how can crafters do that to other crafters... but glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you felt well enough to go and had a good time (although sorry to hear there was a theif on the loose). Your birdie card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little birdie creation. so cute. I t was also nice to hear what a fun time you had with friends crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your bird art and your tags Gez. Hope you are feeling a little better. A thief at a craft workshop, thats terrible....hope they know who it is. Take care, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning project Gez and I am so jealous of your class with Hels - those tags look stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet you should have come :-D Next time... p l e a s e xx

    The workshop classroom was left unattended at lunchtime and shoppers were allowed to walk in and out so I think we are suspecting it happened then.. it's devasting either way :-(

    Hels put a tremdenous amount of time and effort into producing some fantastic workshops, it's so sad :-( and we all feel for her, it's just NOT fair.. sadly, that's the world today..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fabulous time, so pleased and the pieces you created are fantastic as is the bird piece of art. Hope your lip has improved. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am delighted that you had such a fabulous day my lovely, don't let the thieves put you off! Your tags are lovely!!!!! Loving your little bird, really pretty. Now you go & rest up, HUGS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bird in his frame - great Spring colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Birdie! My tags look nothing like as beautiful as yours -natch!! (more practice required) Glad you liked your little tatty flower. It was great to meet up with you again and Thanks again for your fab ATC!
    Hugs, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful creation, love the spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Gez this is stunning,love that stamp and just love those tags,hope you feel better soon,sweetie hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ya Gez ;0) Sounds fun apart from the nastiness that happened.

    I love this pendant/broach lovely work hun.

    I wonder who came from Sheffield as I am in HYDE maybe we could trip down together next time would love to see Hels and the gang lol

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous birdy creation Gez, it was lovely to finally meet up with you... thank you for my gorgeous ATC, you know how much I love my Stampotique and I am lurving those new stamps... needs to get me some of those methinks lol
    As for the tea-leaf, well, I hope that their dangly bits turn green and fall off... lol
    Oh and your lip? I thought you had been at the collagen rofl (just kidding, I didn't notice it to be truthful... you looked lovely just the way you are x) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Gez, I'm glad you managed to get out and have a day for yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous. and so are your display of Tags. I'm so envious of your time with Hels ,but maybe one day I'll get to join you all. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the chuckle Hels ;-)

    xxx


    I hope so Rita :-)

    Hel's classes are the BEST medicine ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx