Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 27 April 2012

Daring Cardmakers ~ Sportsman Challenge

Did you win? Many thanks to everyone that joined me for my first dare last Friday over at the Daring Cardmakers challenge blog. 

Our very own lovely Zuzana kindly offered an amazing prize to one lucky player.. was it you? If not, still take a look over at the inspirational Tea House Bridge online shoppie, you won't be disappointed if you are looking to make your crafting truly individual.

I can't believe how fast this year is passing by and that's it's already time for a brand new dare again.. here is what Kathy has to say..

There are no fewer than 7 family birthdays coming up in May, and 5 of them are "boys".  I always struggle when it comes to making boy/man cards, and I know a lot of you will be just the same.   I thought we could all help each other out by challenging ourselves to make at least one masculine card this week - and to make it a little bit easier we'll go for a Sporting theme:
The Sportsman
So, a masculine card with a sporting theme - it can be for any age of "boy" you like - from baby boy to Grandads, just make sure it also has some sort of sport featured too - footie, rugby, fishing, weightlifting, golf, athletics....the whole sporting arena is yours to choose from.

Are you ready?

Then let's make some cards!
 
~


Poor Kathy really does need our help!

Here is my card..


I 'don't' make mens cards! so this really took me out of my comfort zone.. I was thinking along the lines of golf.. St Andrew's... tartan.. the highlands where my parents loved to visit every year.. that's how the little deer came to make an appearance!
 
The gorgeous little monster is from Stampotique Originals.. coloured with my trusty Copics and I used one of the gorgeous handmade buttons from Tea House Bridge as the ball!

Hope you can join us over at the Daring Cardmakers this week. Happy creating, Gez.

 

11 comments:

  1. Hiya Gez.
    Have followed Daring Cardmakers (I have several men's cards to make next month like you, so thought this challenge was great)
    I love this Whiskers Monster, just used him on an ATC for the Stampotique challenge. Yours is super, he looks cute and love the sign. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a man's card. Some lovely ones below too. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and funny card, Gez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card Gez! He works for so many cards doesn't he? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh cards, I haven't made any for well Christmas and before that I can't remember I just got out of the habit. I really can see where you were going with the golf theme. The more I see of these monsters the more I like them. Your cards are just lovely and I am sure any member of the family will only be too pleased to receive one ;0) Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Gez. love the colouring

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your thinking here, Gez - brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great card. The monster looks so much like the gruffalo =).

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute! love it!! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx