Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Saturday, 12 May 2012

Tando Creative challenge ~ Alter It!

I'm a happy bunny! I've had some 'me' time this afternoon.. while the boys played happily (if you believe that!!!!) hehe.. every month I head over to Tando Creative challenge blog to see what the fabulous inspirational Design Team have been up to.. and every month I just seem to run out of time and forget to join in the fun! 

Not this time! I'm speeding in and it's only the 12th! (I am secretly heart-broken not to be meeting up with some of the fabulous DT in a couple of weeks, but wish them all a fabulous weekend, there's always next time!)

I've altered a book I made using the BIA years ago.. (I went through a phase of making quite a few books when my BIA was shiney and new... so the book is nice and empty inside just waiting to be filled up!) The background paper was ideal for what I had in mind.. here is my altered book..


a close-up of a gorgeous little Tando house available from  Bubbly Funk

I was thrilled with how well the little house took the inks that I used.. 


I removed the largest ♥ and used it as a door knob on the little house!

I also removed the little hearts and used them for flowers..



 click to enlarge

I really, really enjoyed this challenge, thank you Joanne and Kaz! Can't wait to see more inspiration from the Team this month.. 

Thanks for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. Happy creating, Gez xx


12 comments:

  1. Fantastic - and that little house is so sweet - as you say, took the ink well. And I love your fussy cutting for the DCM challenge in the post below. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great use of all the tando pieces in that house - great book Gez...Thank you for joining us this month at Tando Creative Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Gez. I love those heart flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look fabulous Gez, love the way you've put the hearts to work as doorknob and flowers - inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats really lovely gez:)
    loving the use of the hearts:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo this is gorgeous my lovely!!! I love how you have used the little hearts. The idea to use the frame as a door is truly inspiring :D Thank you for joining us this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun page! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Gez. Loving how you used the tiny hearts.
    I will really miss the opportunity of meeting up, we will definately get you there next year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Gez, I think great minds think alike, I was just browsing your wonderful blog and happened upon your Tando Creative challenge - alter it! You have heart flowers and I did a little canvas a few weeks ago and I did the same thing. We must be on the same wavelength. I'm really enjoying looking at your lovely works of art. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx