Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Stampotique Designers Challenge ~ Family theme

We are family! Goodness, I'm going to be singing that all day now.. hehe! It's time for a brand new challenge over at the Stampotique Designers  challenge blog.

Kate is our hostess this week and here is what she says about her challenge this week:

For quite some time now, I have been thinking that some of the Stampotique characters remind me of a family gathering ...( er, no offence to any of my family members who may happen to be reading LOL!) So, with that in mind I set you a challenge to create something, anything, with the theme of family. It could be a greeting card, a journal page, an ATC .... whatever you like. Now, we've all got families but it means something different to each and every one of us, so you can be serious .... such as 'If sisters were flowers I'd pick you', or tongue in cheek... 'You pick your friends, not your family', or anything else that takes your fancy! 

Ready to play for your chance to win a $30 gift certificate for Stampotique stamps?

Here is a journal page I've made for Kate's challenge..


 I made a nice inky background then stamped my image onto white cardstock and coloured with Copic pens. The words are computer generated.. and very special to me. The Queen of Life is mounted onto 3D foam pads and stands slightly away from my page.

Hope you can join in our latest challenge, the Design Team have been busy creating to inspire, see HERE.

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance, 

happy creating, Gez.


16 comments:

  1. Ooooo I LOVE this, love the colours, the background and the Queen holding her children, wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work Gez. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super page....full of meaning too ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an easy challenge for you and you've captured your family on this card. It's lovely and brings a lump to your throat.
    Hugs Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page my lovely! You are right, that sentiment is gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! The queen is the perfect choice for the challenge theme and I love your choice of sentiment - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background Gez and love the artwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page is wonderful - I love it! Fab colours and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page and loving the fab colours, x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Gez - saw it earlier on Stampotique and it caught my eye x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and bright page Gez and I love the quote xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a mum myself but that is such a great quote. And I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy colour Gez I really like the stringy hearts stamp ;0) Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful, thought-provoking journal page Gez, perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx