Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Animal totem Life Book page

It's week 25 over at Life Book and this week sees us having a go at painting animal whimsy's.. here is my first attempt!


I scribbed some notes and a couple of sketches in my notebook and doodled away merrily.. I don't normally share my notebook but I thought you might like a glimpse at the process.. for some reason my robin kept looking more like an owl!


I used a large sheet of watercolour paper as I knew it would be getting plenty of layers of water and paints thrown at it.. for the final layer I used acrylic paints..


 finished page..


I choose the robin for my totem animal as they seem to appear at special moments..

..they were my Mum's favourite bird when she was alive..
 they always make me smile and are reassuring to see :o))

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance, Gez xoxo



13 comments:

  1. Wow this is wonderful Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gez, this does not look like a first attempt! Fun and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!! your robin is absolutely wonderful Gez!!!! Can I ask what size it is? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anesha, Terry & Karen.xxx

    Karen my pages are 12"x13" ...ish..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little bird is fabulous! I love the splashes of pink and the whimsical border. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robins are very special to me too Gez and this one is no exception. He's really cute. You've done a lovely job.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is fabulous! The background is wonderful on its own!! LOVE the robin. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your robin is adorable, Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous page honey, well done you. Please do more!! The robin is such a special bird, I always think they look so very thoughtful!
    Your background is stunning by the way, love the effect.
    Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gez loved seeing your work in it's various stages. The finished artwork it stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this is one,stunning page,the detail is just fantastic love those colours,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous, love your bird and the background is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome Gez, love it very very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx