Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Stampotique Designers Challenge ~ Birds & Buttons

Welcome, to a brand new challenge over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.

This week our gorgeous and talented hostess Kaz has set a terrific challenge..


   Birds & Buttons


I really went outside my comfort zone with this challenge and had SO much fun, I think that's partly due to one of our previous challenges set by Val, remember our outta the box challenge! It's around that time I set myself a challenge to have a go at making my own buttons and was delighted with the results!


The buttons were so easy to colour and stamp and they felt so smooth and tactile.


 I'm still amazed at them!

 Stamps used: Bird Legs (small) and Honeycomb background

Both stamps available from Stampotique Originals 
 and The Stamp Attic in the UK

My tag was inked with Distress Inks and given the good old water and paint splatter treatment. The buttons were stamped using Archival ink and left to set for 24 hours (just in case!) then gently inked!

I hope you like my tag it was SO much fun to make!

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the Design Team over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge where our Guest Designer for July has come up trumps again with a truly wonderful creation and of course, there will be one $30 gift certificate on offer for one lucky random player. Many thanks for calling. Gez oxox

25 comments:

  1. oh this is one brilliant tag Hun oh i love the background you have done its stunning love it hugs Cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is the love button?! I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!! really sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...WOW handmade buttons!!!...super idea and how loVely to custom design your own unique buttons...a super Tag loVe the colours and all inkiness and of course your hand inked buttons...superb...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Gez, your buttons are amazing! Brilliant idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Those buttons are totally fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag my lovely. Can see how much fun you had making your lovely buttons. Great job.
    Big hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tag is just gorgeous and I love your buttons too - clever clogs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes....clever clogs hahaha!!!!! This is awesome Gez!!!! Love the stamping on the buttons, very clever. Can I ask what the buttons are made from my lovely? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just normal clay Karen, oven bake stuff. Thank you for everyone's lovely comments I am thrilled you like them too..xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great buttons Gez, love the partial images on them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Gez! Your buttons are amazing! I'm totally in love with them and the stamps that you used. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your buttons and birds tag! The colors are beautiful. Your buttons are amazing... did you have a mould for them? I like how you split the bird up. That's thinking outside the box! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy you like them Eloise, I didn't use a mould.. I had a basic idea of the size and shape I wanted and went for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gez, I'm in awe!! How fabulous!!! I'm so glad Karen asked what you used to make the buttons as I HAVE to try it! I have some clay - somewhere!!! LOL! I just love the results - this tag is brilliant!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woohoo! Val.. GO FOR IT!

    Have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fabulous, love the colors you used and the stamps on the buttons are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beauty, Gez! Love your buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Gez I thought you had used wooden buttons, I didn't realise you'd 'made' made them! Your whole tag is fantastic, and you are now officially the Queen of clay! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. an amazing tag, love the way you stamped on the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Gez, these are fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. amazing tag, love the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Clever idea Gez! I love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx