Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Stampotique Designers Challenge ~ Backgrounds

It's Wednesday again and that can only mean one thing..!! It's time for a brand NEW challenge over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.

This week it's the turn of Carol Fox to set a new theme and here is what she says...


 It's my turn to set the theme this week for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. I love to use my rubber stamps for my backgrounds, so this week you are challenged to use your stamps for your backgrounds aswell as your main focal image.

What I love about using your stamps in this way is that you can get a truly original background as even you will never be able to get the same one again.

So, we are making backgrounds, are you ready? I really hope you can play along with us this week, remembering it doesn't have to been Stampotique stamps these days.... we want to see your creations..


    Here is mine..

  close up!

For this weeks challenge I've been working on altering an envelope for my daughter... I thought it would cheer her up to find this waiting in her mail box..!!



I layered my envelope with bright acrylic paints and set it aside to dry... then the fun really began..!!

I stamped French Text onto white copier paper and grunged it up a little.. and started working on the front side of the envelope..

Around the edges I stamped Alpha and Numeric stamps... meaning to get them wonky of course..!!!

Then I added more background patterns by stamping with the Honeycomb background stamp, Friends hold you up when you rest your little wings and my favourite stamp of the moment (for my daughter..) I feel happy inside..

For the address part of my envelope and main focal part I drew a black border by hand and added the little Dangling Stars in the top left hand corner and one of the gorgeous super cute cats from the Line Up stamp in the opposite corner.. my daughter loves cats!

Then it was time to decorate the reverse side of the envelope..


Quite simple really using the same background stamps as for the front side adding another cat from the Line Up stamp above the words Ta Amo (I love you) as the focal point..

Many thanks for calling.. Happy Creating, Gez oxox


20 comments:

  1. Love your envelope! The colors are yummie. Hope that it cheered up your daughter. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I have to try one of these envelopes now. I bet this made your daughter's day!

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure your daughter loves the envelope, its gorgeous!
    And the background is fabulous with al those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet she squeals with delight when she gets that....it's fabulous.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow gez. I can just imagine your daughters face when she see's it.
    It is stunning work and i love the wonky numbers, gorgeous.
    I would love to pinch this idea to send a letter to my Son't girlfriend at Uni, she loves getting little notes off me and yet I never thought about decorating the envelope, she wood love that, but I won't do it unless I ask you!
    DebbieX

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww Debbie go ahead.. :o))

    I LOVE sending happy mail :0))

    I just hope the Post Office don't admire it too much and forget to send it on for me..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab envy Gez, it will certainly brighten up your daughters day

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab envelope Gez, this is definitely happy mail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning envie my lovely, Rachael will love it.
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! To receive that in the post would make my day! Your daughter is very lucky to have a mum like you who tries to bring such sunshine, brightness and love to her life. I'm a big fan of envelopes but this has to be top of the charts for me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the envelope Gez...I can just imagine the postie's expression too - you'll probably brighten their day as well! I know I don't often leave comments but I always enjoy reading your posts and admiring your artwork. Thank you for all the poitivity you've sent me too. Love and hugs, Lindsay x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I <3 your adorable envelope! Amazing!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would bring a smile to anyones face Gez, it's gorgeous. I will definitely have to give this a go x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it !!! and probably your daughter even more Lol! What a good idea for our kids !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Local Tamil News

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great and colourful envelope, Gez!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love this Gez. Fabulous and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing bright background! you did a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors are wonderfully done.. and all the texture. love it love it
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx