Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

A Grand Day out!

Thank you for everyone's kind wishes on my last blog post.. I made an unplanned visit to see my daughter at the weekend, after some devastating news earlier in the week.. I just needed to see my girl!

What a busy day, I set my alarm for 6am and we left the house just after 6.35am and set off on a 50 minute journey to Manchester to catch the London train.. we left home in the dark!


Here we are having just arrived at the train station!

I just love Tom's pose!!

Manchester is in the throws of gearing up for Christmas and seeing the fairy lights on all the trees was a big treat for Tom! and the giant inflatable Santa in St. Anne's square, we saw even more of the hustle and bustle on the way home.. my dear friend She had been telling me about a German market that sets up there every Christmas.. here's a little link.. HERE
if you follow the link there s a short video at the bottom of the page!

 ~♥~

We spent the morning showing the boys the University campus as they hadn't visited before..

Here are some gorgeous houses in the village where my daughter is staying, 
they reminded me of Neapolitan ice cream!




 I have DS1 to thank for these photos (and he charged me!!!!)
He has a new camera and is getting to grips working off auto..

My daughter's campus is set in over 600 acres of landscaped parkland, fields, woodlands and lakes, it boasts being the UK's largest and most beautiful campus university and every time I visit it takes my breath away.. DS1 took tons of photos but I'm only sharing a few on my crafty blog.. here is one of the Hall.. which can be hired for functions.. last time I visited it was being set up for a wedding reception, outside are beautiful lawns in front of one of the 5 lakes..





Walk in the woods!
(I'm reading that atm!! We didn't see any bears, lol.. 22 squirrel's tho.. :o)


 Love this photo.. Tom had a most wonderful day it was great to see him so happy! He loves his sister very, very much, they are very close!

Waiting for chips!

My diet went out the window for one day, but it was worth it!
We went in the dark and came home in the dark!
Roll on the 15th December, altho Mr T doesn't know there's a chance his big sis might come home next weekend for a quick visit..... Sshh!!

Thanks for looking.. must get my feet back on the ground!!

Gez oxoxoxox

~♥~



20 comments:

  1. Oh Darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so pleased that you took this trip!!!! Its so lovely to see you all together again and looking happy! Lovely memories for you & Rae, HUGS xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of lovely photos Gez, it really does look beautiful and I bet it did you all the world of good to meet up again.
    I'm so glad Rachel has settled in at Uni and every time I see Tom he grows some more.
    Fab trip for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a lovely time :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, and how nice to get together even if the cause was bad news first... take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A much needed trip for you all sweetie. So so good to see the fantastic smiles on your faces, thank-you for sharing them.
    Huge huggles to you all darling x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see you all happy. And what a fab job Ben has done on those photos. Shame he didn't get in front of the lens. :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so lovely to see your Daughter at uni. it looks lovely where she is staying.

    My son is coming home on the 14th Dec (also in London) and we will be going to the Christmas Market in Manchester, it's no longer called the German market Although I think everyone still calls it 'The German Market' I know we do ;0) it's all of Europe that is now included. It was just so successful it just got bigger each year love it.

    Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you smiling Gez and in the company of your favourite people! I hope things will start to get better and happier for you. Sending love, Lindsay x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Hope things improve.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos Gez. What a beautiful place to be studying!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos Gez. Shame we couldn't see Ben!! I so hope that after such a great day, things will start to look up for you all. You sooo deserve it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its so good to see you all so happy to be together again Gez. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely pictures and it looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos, Gez! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and needed break! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to see you all smiling and how lovely to be with your family again.

    Hope things start to improve for you.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Photo's, thank you for sharing them, carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like it re-charged your batteries.EE

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab day out and so good to see your smiling faces again Gez. I bet you can't wait till Rachel's home for Christmas. Your two guys are great with a camera, Ben behind it and Tom in front x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This article gives clear idea for the new viewers of blogging, that in fact how
    to do blogging.

    Look at my homepage :: haarwuchs
    My site - Haarausfall

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eхcеllent writе-uρ. I ceгtainlу love thiѕ site.
    Stick ωith it!

    my pаgе - Haarausfall

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx