Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Paris Skyline

As a new week begins so does a new product focus theme over at the Tando Creative blog. This week the Design Team are bringing you their creations based around a firework/multi coloured theme.. Today, it's my turn to share my creation with you..

Apologies beforehand for the rotten photograph, how hard is it to get a decent photo this time of the year! This arch is full of sparkle tho you wouldn't know on my blog to look at it!!


I have used one of the brand NEW arches from Tando Creative Arabian style Layered Arch Frame set, creating an inky background using Distress Inks.

 
Next I stamped my image directly onto the arch using a permanent black ink. I painted a strip of the Lace effect borders and left to air dry while I worked on the exciting bit...


 Lace effect borders


 
 The FUN bit!

As soon as I saw the Tando Creative Ink Splatters Mask


I knew they would make the PERFECT fireworks!


I have  looooooong  struggled to find something out there that resembled fireworks but I think this mask works perfectly, *happy* dance!!

First of all I laid the mask over the arch and positioned the splatters then painted through the mask with white acrylic paint and left them to air dry.. later I went over the splatters with Stickles glitter glue.. I wish you could see the sparkle!

Thank you for calling today & leaving a comment if you get the chance.

Happy creating, Gez oxoxo


18 comments:

  1. Fabulous fireworks arch, just love it.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun, fabulous work as always, sending you lots of hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this all goes to gether to create a gorgeous card ...thanks for shareing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant arch Gez.
    I have that Paris stamp, must get it out, you have made it look stunning. Great Mask and the fireworks are genius. Have a good day. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, Gez - that chilly November sky is gorgeous - and the sparkly stencilling makes brilliant fireworks! And yes, had no idea that the photographing would suddenly get so difficult. The sun's out at the moment, but I haven't got anything worthy of a picture ready!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, love it! Those fireworks are fabby :)
    xoxo Sioux
    P.S. Hope you are getting back to normal in your house Gez. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!! I could kick myself that I didn't think of the splatter mask for fireworks!!! What a brilliant brilliant idea my lovely. Just love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, an inspired piece honey, that mask was perfect.
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the fabby effects of the fireworks Gez and such terrific colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project, love how you used the mask.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab arch Gez, I'm so glad I DIDN'T use the mask for mine I was tempted!!!
    Loving all the glitter xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is brilliant, Love the colours, hope things are getting back to normal now, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a totally fab piece and such clever idea for those fireworks...love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great fireworks with the ink splatters, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am agreeing with you about the problems with photographs at this time of year. I had a few things I needed a picture of and then it started to rain. Arrrggg save the distress ink project!!!!! Laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gez, I love your fireworks effects, as I have already mentioned on the Tando blog. In fact I love them so much I am going to borrow your idea! Hope you don't mind. I doubt my finished attempt will be as impressive as yours, especially since I don't have the ink splatters mask, must add that to my wish list, but your post came as I was working with a little project that had started with an idea, become a mess, then appeared to maybe be workable, but needed a little something. I will probably be posting it on my blog later and I intend to link back to you so anyone visiting can check out your fab project. Thanks for the inspiration. And I love "happy dance"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx