Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

I know I'm a bit early.. life is a bit crazy here at the moment.. my little boy took a turn for the worse at the weekend with chickenpox being confirmed on the whites of his eyes, throat, mouth and tongue.. not a happy place to be for either of us.. I think this morning I can relax a little.. being a 5 year old little boy and refusing to even let me put cream on his spots.. telling me he is fine! I've had to let his own immune system stand up and fight for him.. no wayy will he have any eye drops or throat spray!!! I have tried and hope the little bits he has received have helped him.. he seems so much better this morning... Ssshh.. (I didn't say that too loud...)

Missing my daughter too, she headed back to University yesterday away from the bug filled house to study for her exams next week.. my poor baby.. missing you already!

So here we are... a journal page I enjoyed making for a dear friend.. words I hope will be valuable to all of us.. from Dyan's little book.. (availabe HERE)


This page was sooooo much fun to make.. I started with scraps of paper and made a collage background, topped with oodles of acrylic paints.. I also used some texture paste pushed through a Clock Mask from Tando Creative.

My girl is paper pieced and her face hand drawn.. I finished with some stamping and doodling.. using some of my favourite stamps from Stampotique Originals available from A Sprinkle of Imagination in the UK.. don't worry if you can't find what you are looking for.. they are able to order anything for you from Stampotique.


          All that remains is to wish everyone of you a very Happy New Year.. 
                         I hope it is a WONDERFUL year for everyone

                                Lots and lots of love & Best Wishes
                                                Gez oxoxo

13 comments:

  1. Awe, your poor bubs, that must be so uncomfortable for him :( The upside is that its better to get this out of the way now than have the worry in the future darling.

    I love your journal page, soooo pretty! The Tando clock face make a lovely sun in the corner!

    I really hope that 2013 is your year and you will shine brighter than ever HUGS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your little one is feeling much better. Love this journal page, the colors are just gorgeous! Happy 2013 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog page is really good! Hope you and your family have a really good and HAPPY new year! xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Tom is soon on the mend and that you all have a Happy New Year.
    Your journal page is absolutely stunning love everything about it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww bless him, but so pleased to hear he's feeling better today.

    Hope your daughter has returned safely to her digs back at Uni.

    And lastly all the very best for the coming year. Out with the old, in with the new!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all joy for the New Year. Love the page ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page, lovely layout, fabulous texture and great background. Hope your little man feels better soon. Happy New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh bless him, hope he's feeling lots better very soon sweetie. Hope you are OK too my lovely, I know how tiring it is when the tiddlies are poorly, remember to look after YOU as well please!!
    What a beautiful journal page, fab colours as always and I adore your paper pieced girl, she is gorgeous.
    Huge huggles x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank YOU! sooo much for your kind comments and best wishes xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous page... really stunning and beautiful !!! I love each detail on it. Happy new year 2013 to u ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank YOU Coco.xxxx Happy New Year to you too.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page Gez.

    Sorry to read that Tom is having a bad time with Chickenpox hope he is feeling better and brighter this morning.

    Love and hugs for a fantastic new year Gez from me. x x x :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear the little one has Chicken Pox - I remember when my daughter got it many years ago - I had to go round the whole bedroom painting pox marks on Victoria Plum (wallpaper)!!! Happy New Year to you and your family Gez. Polly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx