Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

A Sprinkle of Imagination ~ Bird canvas


Thank you, thank you, thank you for everyone's lovely comments last week when I shared my 2nd creation for A Sprinkle of Imagination over on the Creative blog. I seriously recommend you following the blog if you aren't doing so already, goodness there is tons of inspiration from the superb design team.. I am still pinching myself to believe I am so lucky to be a part of the fantastic team!

No sneak peak this week, it's the full monty!!

I have decorated a small canvas.. here it is..



The background was created using a piece of kitchen roll I had used whilst mopping up ink sprays.. I can't bare to throw them away.. some of them are just too pretty.

The gorgeous bird is from Prima you can find it in the shop {HERE} I coloured the bird using blue and purple Distress Stains.. see {HERE} then overstamped onto him with a text stamp using black archival ink.. see {HERE}.

The word sentiment on the canvas is from my craftbox.. I actually borrowed it from the front of one of my craft journals it seemed just perfect!

I think this little birdie must be a magpie (just like me)... I recycled some wire for her to stand on along with the most gorgeous embellishment ever!!! My first time using one of the fabulous Prima Junkyard Findings.. just PERFECT!

I painted a full moon onto the canvas using a silver acrylic Paint Dabber.

Thank you for calling today and leaving a comment if you get the chance.. don't forget to check out the Creative blog.

  Happy creating, Gez oxox
 


9 comments:

  1. Very nice canvas - love all the different elements you've used and the light bulb looks great! I need to take a second look at my kitchen roll before I throw it out when it gets too inky, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas sweetie, I LOVE the colours. What a fab way to use the 'mop-up' bits that we all have, hmm I need to stop winging mine in the bin tee hee! Thank-you for the visits too darling, so sweet.
    Huge huggles x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo this is gorgeous sweetheart!!! I love the sentiment and the 'branch'...fabulous work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Gez...great use of inky kitchen roll too! Great colours and,you're right,that is a gorgeous embellishment!
    Lindsay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous canvas, lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love your work Gez and this is no exception! Made me smile to know you keep bits if kitchen roll too! I often dry out baby wipes - they make fantastic flowers. Hope alls well at yours.
    X Michelleo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab canvas, love the light bulb!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx