Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 25 January 2013

Daring Cardmakers ~ Setting the Scene

Today the Daring Cardmakers have a brand NEW exciting dare to share with you and a very special prize is on offer too!

                      This week it's the turn of Sharon to set the latest dare..

Setting the Scene

We'd like you to make your card your canvas for creating your own miniature world!  The theme is totally your choice and you can use whatever you like to create your scene - die cuts, stamps, embellishments - but please use various elements for the 'scene', don't just use one stamp!

 (and here's the exciting bit!) 
 Our challenge this week is sponsored by Xcut – the exciting die-cutting and tool range from Docrafts. The winner of the challenge can choose one of the 4 exciting new sets of Build-A-Scene Dies each worth £19.95. Each set features a collection of dies that work together to let you build up layered designs to create a beautiful or fun scene! Choose from Vintage Hot Air Balloon, Nautical, Garden Party or London.
 Docrafts have made a fun animation to launch the dies that is sure to get  your creative juices flowing! 

Here is my card using the London Build a Scene set..


These dies were super fun to use, and I have to admit to being very, very new to the world of die cutting and I had noooooo problems what's so ever! 

I used papers from the Portobello Road 6"x6" paper stack, and black cardstock.

Thank you for calling, please pop on over to the Daring Cardmakers to see full details of how to play along this week.


 Wishing everyone a super weekend, keep warm!

 Happy creating, Gez oxox


11 comments:

  1. Very Different from you today Gez, really nice. I am not sure if I have a "Scene" idea, but if i come up with one I will try and join in. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lot of fun with this one Gez :D Its really lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super Gez - great use of the dies - looks like an interesting challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using that paper is inspired Gez - I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Gez! A brilliant idea and inspirational use of papers and colours! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh look at you branching out into mixed media then. Another success from the talented Gez.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Gez, I love how you used those papers tooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fantastic Gez, I love the way you've used that union jack paper, it works so well with those dies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool card! I love the scene you have created. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so cool. I love the London scene made with a Union Jack paper =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx