Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Stampotique Designers Challenge ~ #87 Winter Whites

It's time for a brand NEW challenge over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.

This weeks it's the turn of our lovely Valerie to challenge us to use various shades of winter whites in our projects - white, shimmer white, off-white, ecru, eggshell, etc.  

Here's what she said about this color choice, "Well, it wasn't planned, but this theme has a striking significance for those of us here on the East Coast who have just endured a big winter snow storm!  All of nature is drooping under the weight of a heavy white winter blanket!  Mother Nature really does provide the most beautiful inspiration!"

I have created a journal page for Val's challenge, I hope she approves.. it was great fun and very relaxing :o))

 
Stamps used: Friend & Journey Collage

I painted my blank page with a dry brush and some white acrylics.. stamping Journey Collage with Pumice Stone Distress ink onto scrap paper and then onto my page so it wasn't quite as strong a print.. I did this filling up the page..

Friend was stamped directly onto my page using black archival ink for a strong image and then onto spare cardstock which I then cut out and placed over the original stamped image but slightly to the left to create a shadow..

I left the page fairly clean (unusual for one of my journal pages!!) and also around the image.. I wanted to words to blend into the back ground but the image to stand alone.. I really like this page.. the splatters were made using teal ink.

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. Please remember the challenges are weekly but are open all month long and any stamps can be used.. Stampotique Originals are offering 2 $30 gift certificates to spend in store.. remember to include the week number with when enter. Good luck and happy creating. Gez oxox


16 comments:

  1. Very different, but very pretty! Love the teal. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Gez, I love the splatters, and thanks for the tip on creating a shadow. So simple but I wouldn't have thought of this lol. Isn't this quote perfect for just about everything xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty AJ page. I love especially the words you put on it, great quote...:) Greetings Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very emotive page - sometimes less really is more. I really hope that things start to pick up and come together for you soon. It seems like everyone I know has been having a rough time of it in one way or another and it's about time we all had some happy times again. Lindsay x x x PS it's snowing heavily here again and your page colours just suit the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I makes a powerful page...here is to reality and dreams colliding soon ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful sweetie, so crisp and clean, I love it.
    What a fab quote too my lovely,very poignant and heartfelt methinks?!
    Huge huggles x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. F A N T A S T I C!!!!! your page is pure and fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love this, especially the splatters - perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gez... this is such a fabulous page! I do love the depth you've created using various tones of paint and ink. The sentiment is truly remarkable....
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx