Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Midnight in Paris?

Good morning, I am delighted to be able to share a tag I made for my daughter.. we are in the process of deciding whether to visit Paris or Florence.. I think we might just have to do both!!


I started with a plain {black tag} size No.8, stamped and inked the background word stamp from the {Papillon} Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp set onto the tag. I didn't mind the little white speckles as I thought they look like tiny stars and I wanted a shabby finish to the tag..

Next I stamped the Effel Tower stamp onto black Glitz Design Color Me Happy {Chalkboard} cardstock which has a nice chalky old fashioned blackboard appeal to it (I can see many uses for that paper!) 

To finish off the tag I used a butterfly stamp from the {Papillon} set and stamped it onto Claudine Hellmuth's white {Sticky-Back Canvas} using {Jet Black} Archival ink pad and coloured the butterfly randomly with {Distress Stains} I also added tiny dots of Ranger Liquid Pearls in a line down the centre of the butterfly to create a body and added a flick of {Funky Fuchsia} Dylusions ink spray to add to the grunge effect!

The heart and words 'someday' were cut from Glitz Design Color Me Happy {cardstock}

Thank you for calling, I hope you like my tag ♥

12 comments:

  1. Good choice to visit both cities!
    Gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fab tag Gez and I think you should do both! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That's gorgeous ;)
    As a recommendation I'd personally put Florence way ahead of Paris....but it is a very tricky decision to make I agree!!! LOL
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am sure your daughter will love this tag Gez........happy Holidays, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so beautiful, I love the white on black contrast. Have fun on your trip with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally Gorgeous Gez :) Have a fun trip :)
    Hugs,Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tag, love the black and white with just a splash of colour. (If there's a choice to be made I'd say Florence, BTW. I guess I'm one of the few who think Paris is massively overrated but in any case, Florence has far more charm and if you want a gallery the Uffizi is wonderful - just make sure you book a slot in advance to avoid the mahoosive queue!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag. I've visited Paris a few times and think you will love it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes yes, the two are great ! I know well both, and both are fabulous cities !!! Great tag, love your black and white on it. Happy week-end, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I so love this Midnight In Paris tag! The pops of color on the chalkboard background are lovely! What a great tag for your daughter and I do say do both Paris and Florence! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzer!!! This is stunning!!!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tag.
    Paris and Florence are both wonderful, but of the two I think I would have to choose Florence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx