Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Stampotique Designer's Challenge 103 ~ Create from an envelope

It's time for a brand NEW challenge today over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. This week our hostess Val has got a fabulous challenge for you!

Val would like you to create something from an envelope..  I love the idea of using every day objects for art. This week, try creating an art project that incorporates an envelope - any shape or size, new or used. Just flip, fold, score, tear, ink, paint, stamp, doodle, embellish or keep it clean and simple - just have fun!
 
The Design Team have been very creative and have got some gorgeous inspiration to share with you.. here is what I created..


First of all, I coloured the corner of a white envelope using Distress Inks and stamped Bubbles with a Versamark ink pad and embossed the image using white embossing powder.. see below..


Here's a little tease of what I made.. have you guessed??



                            Brilliant, brilliant challenge Val.. I made a bookmark!



I stamped Carol's small flower onto patterned paper using Archival jet black ink.. cut out the flowers and added them onto the bookmark.. the tiny bee from off the side of the Medium Bee stamp was stamped directly onto the bookmark.. I added a small tab to the top edge of the bookmark by using the same colours of Distress Inks and stamping the word Pull from the Interactive cube.

I hope you like! The colours are so vibrant.

Thank you for calling, please pop on over to the Challenge blog to see lots more inspiration and join in the fun! Each week the challenges are open to all stamps and you can join any of the challenges throughout the month, at the end of the month 2 random lucky winners will each receive a $30 gift certificate to spend at the Stampotique store. Good luck.

  Happy creating, Gez oxox

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant Gez, I love these colours and your fab little bookmark xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gez,
    Did you take "Clever Pills" this morning, this corner of the envelope to make a bookmark is genius!! Clever you.
    Its so nice.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Gez and a great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darn cute, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The DT is certainly on a creative roll this week, and your bookmark is a perfect example. Totally genius, Gez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great....very inspired Gez ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be perfect for a lazy student!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sugary gorgeous colours Gez and very clever of you to make a book mark. Not sure that the reading matter is quite my cup of tea but I'm sure you understand it all. x

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant !!!! Love your bookmark and this idea ! Happy week-end Gez, I'm going to look at your most recent post too... Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh might copy that: it's cute and handy!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the whole idea! and the bright colours of course ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx