Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 22 July 2013

Altered envelope - again!

I've been having a little me time and doing something I love to do.. altering envelopes! My love for this started last year when my daughter moved away from home and started University, I wanted her to be surprised and put a smile on her face when she collected her mail on campus! It worked.. :-))

I've used acrylic paints for the background this time and choose my favourite hot summery colours!


I used a border stamp from one of my favourite artists Roc Nicholas and made an address label around it.. I stamped the Scalloped Lace Border stamp in jet black archival ink onto white paper, roughly cut out a piece large enough to fit on an address and hand stitched around the edges.

Here's the back!


I can't wait to post my envelope!

Thank you for calling, have a great week. Gez oxox

8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Gez, I love those arrows and your stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that would be a nice surprise in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you had a great fun and pleasure with this envelope again, it is visible !!! Love your arrows and white border... and the warm colours... so beautiful ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great envelope, I suspect you wouldn't really care what wasa inside if this was stacked in your mail box1 (mind you, you'd know it wasn't a bill or a bank statement, I guess!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter doesn't go to uni (if she decides to go) for another 4 years but I certainly hope I remember to do half the lovely things you've done for your daughter x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gez what a cool idea I love it love it love it xxx might have a go to send to Gib but it would have my slant on it lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh WOW! not only would that give Rachael a boost but also the postmen eh! Its just gorgeous sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx