Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Monday, 5 August 2013

Life Book ~ Week 31

I am having so much fun during the holidays painting in my journal and catching up with the Life Book 2013 lessons :-)

This was soooooo not what I was expecting my finished page to look like when I set out... the fun part was not knowing... and the process which I throughly enjoyed! I am so sorry, again I can't really share the process only to say the background was collaged and the layers built on top!

I am going to do this lesson again, it was so much fun and see if I can get to nearer what I was supposed to get.... a portrait with her head on one side and her eyes closed!! 

I believe this face came to me to guide me on my way, I love her.... mistakes and all... she has taught me so much both in how I want to improve my drawing/shading techniques... but also, to believe it's okay not to make perfect faces each time.. to slow down, enjoy the process and trust myself...

Special thanks to Jeanette House for a very special lesson, one which will stay with me, I will enjoy and practice time and time again both creating, relaxing and enjoying my artwork!

 
Background created using acrylic paints, pattern papers, tissue, gel medium and my Dylusion journal available from A sprinkle of imagination.

Many thanks for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. Wishing you a creative day.

  Gez oxox

9 comments:

  1. Awe Gez she is beautiful, superb work my lovely.
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just lovely Gez. I expect she feels lovely (I am sorry that sounds rude haha) with all that gorgeous texture going on. Oh and real faces are never perfect sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is gorgeous and she looks grand, I think the shading is brill to me but you created her and you have an image in your mind how you want her to be so I trust you when you say that it is not how you imagined.

    Looking forward to seeing the next one. x

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no mistakes when we're playing in our journals, Gez! I think this is a lovely page - the colours are so fresh, and cheerful, and Summery; and your sweet little butterfly girl turned out just how she needed to be. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the lesson; do please let me know if you create another page. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Gez ! I love your girl that pops over this wonderful nature background !! Fab colours and fab journal !!! Have a great day, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful even if she is not who you expected her to be! Love the butterfly in her hair, Love, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so calm and wistful, I just love your background colours.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing, love the colours and the drawing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx