Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 17 September 2013

French Country magnetic notepad

I don't know if it's the same in your house but we are always looking for something to write a quick note on.. I've come up with the idea of having a handy notepad to keep on the fridge door..

I started out with a chipboard sheet and ran it through my Bind-It-All before giving it a generous coating of white Gesso.


I then painted the chipboard using Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints. I love how creamy they are and only needed to use one coat, a little goes a long wayy..


I wanted to keep a grungy effect and ran through the paint with a dry brush as it was drying..

I then added white dots using a Posca Paint Pen and then set to work building up a decoration using some of the gorgeous, gorgeous papers from Graphic 45's French Country Collection. The little flag banner is from a Jenni Bowlin sticker sheet.. they come blank so you can add you own message.

My kitchen has a pine/country feel to it so these papers work perfectly, I can see more projects to come using these fab papers!


Everything was given a generous coating of Modge Podge ... my NEW addiction.. everthing, EVERYTHING in sight atm is getting a coat.. I love this for sealing projects.


My finished notepad! I added a length of cloth and a pencil so it can't 'just' disappear... (to where all the hair bobbles go to... in our house!!!) some notepaper and a sticky magnet to the reverse side and it's already to go onto the fridge door..


          Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. 
                                           Happy Tuesday, Gez

oxox


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Love this, Gez! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea and I just love those colours, just the right thing to go with your dresser! Thanks for the reminder - I have some Modge Podge somewhere (which hopefully hasn't dried out) that will be perfect for something I'm doing at the moment. Hope things are getting better your way - will be in touch - really!!
    Hugs, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant little note pad, Gez. Must be time I used my gesso and modge podge instead of leaving them on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous.

    Orange is my favorite color and you made this so bright and cheerful.

    It's terrific.

    We have stacks of index cards in all the hot spots in our house so people can jot down their note and jam it in their pocket or purse. It's funny that we do that instead of note paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking very Autumnal Gez. Now is mod podge the same as gel medium???

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx