Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Tuesday, 10 September 2013

September Art Journal Calendar pages..

Today, I am sharing the background I have created for my September calendar pages before adding the little squares over at A sprinkle of imagination's creative blog.

This year I am working my calendar pages in the large Dylusions Creative Journal and looking forward to getting the smaller one too!

I love this time of year, watching all the leaves turn to gold! and so with anticipation I used that as the colour inspiration for my September pages!


The double spread was first coated with a layer of Gesso to help seal the pages. Then I used some of the gorgeous acrylic paints from Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Paints range. I love how creamy these paints spread across the pages.


I used 'found' objects to create some interest.. like bottle top lids, an old plastic store card and a piece of plastic canvas.. then sprayed Dylusions Ink Spray through a stencil by Dina Wakley called Mini Roman Letters and left the pages to dry..

I am looking forward to adding the little date squares and finishing off the pages with some rubber stamping so please call back later this week to see my finished pages!

  Happy creating, Gez

5 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous Gez.
    Love the colours and those CH paints are lovely too.

    Have you tried the Amsterdam range of beautiful paints from Art from the Heart", Kate Crane introduced me to them and they are gorgeous.

    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design + colors! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful background, I love these colours !!! Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy colors and yummy texture! wishing you a happy month to fill those pages with ;)
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sunny pages there Gez. Hope the sun hasn't gone for good and we get some more late Summer/Autumnal sunny days.

    Sending you hugs. x

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx