Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Stampotique Designers Challenge #156 Book Inspiration

Exciting times!! It's time for a brand new challenge this week over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and it's a good one. Well, they all are right!!

This week the very lovely France has got a great challenge for you, here is what she has to say...

Hi! My name is France and I'm a bookworm. No doubt there are a lot of other bookworms among our lovely Stampotiquers.
I would like to know about your favourite books. So my challenge for you, should you accept it, is to create a piece, inspired by your favourite book. Let the story, the title, the cover, a quote inspire you! Now you might have a problem choosing your all time favourite book, don't worry, it's not like you are writing it in stone, just pick one. Or maybe your problem is that you don't like reading at all. Here is how to cheat: go for your favourite film based on a book, we won't tell ;)))
 
A girl after my own heart.... I LOVE to read too... I can't go to sleep without first dipping into a good book!

My daughter recently finished the The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and thought I might like it too... She wasn't wrong.... it was the sort of book that I didn't want to end... I wanted to continue reading about the lives of the characters and of course, visit The Night Circus!

..."The Circus arrives without warning, no announcements precede it. It is simply there when yesterday it was not..."

So sad to finish the book I thought a little key chain would make a nice reminder!


I used France's very own Carousel stamp, it's a favourite of mine :D I stamped the stamp onto shrink plastic, shut my eyes and did the deed!!!!! Remembering to punch a hole at the top for the key chain!

I then sprayed a sheet of card stock with Dylusion spray inks and added some words. 

Thank you for calling. I hope you can join in the fun and I look forward to perhaps picking up a few new book titles to add to my ever growing wish list! Usual rules for this weeks challenge apply, see HERE!


 Happy creating, Gez


7 comments:

  1. I've not come across that book, Gez, but love how you interpreted the theme. I'll have to have a look for it (the book)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done, I love your ferris wheel keychain, so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you really loved reading the book Gez!
    So nice when you find a book like that ! That key chain is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Gez and I like the quote, sounds mysterious xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of the book Gez, but I love what you've made of it here xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a very interesting book, Gez, especially if the quote you have used is indicative of the book! Well done, and a perfect reminder of time well spent!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx