Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Stampotique Designers Challenge #157 Christmas in July

I am delighted to be your hostess for this weeks challenge over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Boy! did I pick a challenge for you .... (On probably the hottest week of the year in the UK)... Ooops !!!! 

It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas right?!! ;-) I thought it would be nice for us to spread a wave of festive cheer throughout Blogland!

Every year I set out with good intentions and imagine a great big stack of handmade Christmas cards all ready to send out nice and early in December, in reality I think it's happened once! So, lets do it together! Dig deep and crack open the Christmas stash box early!!

This is a fun challenge, I hope you enjoy it too!

 Stamps used: Snowy Fran, Believe & Snowflakes

I've created a simple card that is easy to make in batches. I swiped Gelatos across the background then added some stamped snowflakes. Fran was stamped onto plain white cardstock before being added to the card. 

'Believe' was stamped directly onto the background using Archival ink. I then set about grunging the numbers which are from a sticker sheet by Jenni Bowlin called Red Skinny Alphas available from A sprinkle of imagination.

I finished the card by adding a doodled border. I can see myself making some more of these cards in plenty of time for Christmas! 

I hope you can join us. The Design Team have lots of creative inspiration to get your festive mojo ringing! Happy creating! Gez xx




8 comments:

  1. Perfect for Christmas in July, especially in Sydney as it is winter (although no snow).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super fun challenge, Gez, because I added a bit of humor to my submission! Your card is great, and I love the design, especially that bright red "25" banner! It's hot in NEW England, too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful Challenge Gez, I love this theme and you have not disappointed with your project, it's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge this week, thank you!

    Love your card with slight hints of colour it is fantastic and can see would make a great set of batch cards :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Gez, it all works so perfectly together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Gez..... Although I think I'd like to enjoy the summer a bit longer !!!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Gez, I love your doodled border, and the numbers really pop xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx