Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Friday, 19 September 2014

Bee Happy!

This weeks dare over at the Daring Cardmakers set by the lovely Zuzana is to use a stencil on your card. Holding back to temptation to add some doodling, I went for the less is more approach!

Here is my card...


Card ingredients!

Tando Creative Distorted Hive Mask 
Stampotique Big Bee 
Distress Inks ~ Spiced Marmalade & Mustard Seed 
 
I placed the stencil directly onto my card and sponged through the stencil using Distress Inks. The bee image was stamped directly onto the card first of all using the second stamped images (so it appears fainter) and then once onto spare cardstock so that I could cut out the bee and add as a 3D embellishment.

I picked up a little of the Distress Inks left on the stencil with a paint brush to colour in the bee and generated a sentiment on computer.

Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance.

Have a great weekend. Gez 


5 comments:

  1. This is beeutiful Gez. buzz buzz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really love this CAS card, Gez! I am a fan of yellow, too! Novel idea to use leftover paint on your stencil to color your bee! Genius, in fact! The stencil has a minor "warped" effect. Is this the stencil, or did you do something special to achieve this effect? It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, there is something wonderful about bees! Love this card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx