Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Stampotique Designer's Challenge ~ #174 Striped backgrounds

It's time for a brand NEW challenge over at the Stampotique Designers challenge blog.

This week our hostess Corrie has got a great challenge for you! Here is what Corrie says...

"Hello everybody !
Today is my turn to set the challenge at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge Blog and I'd like everyone to make something with a stripy background. You can use ink, paint or pens whatever you like, just no ready made stripes with pattern paper !! I want you to do it yourself ! I am excited to see what you come up with but most of all I want you to have fun !! Corrie x"

Great challenge Corrie!

Here is my card...


I've gone for a more abstract stripey background using acrylic paints and a brayer rather than more uniform lines...

I've used Little Hoo-Hoo as my main image and decorated around the edges using the stars from the Design Cube.

Thanking you for calling. Please pop over to the Challenge Blog to see lots more fantastic inspiration from the Design Team and join in the fun for your chance to be one of two lucky random winners each winning a $30 gift certificate to spend over at the Stampotique Originals online store. Good Luck!

  Happy creating, Gez


7 comments:

  1. This is simply gorgeous Gez, I love the background! And beautiful colours too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, gorgeous background and how can you not like these two !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the abstractness of your background here. Your stripes are so playful. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gez, this is simply fabulous, I LOVE your striped background (by chance maybe, but really great here!!!) Fantastic combination with your fab monster. Ad I take the opportunity to tell you that's very strange because I've just seen that you post already several blog posts since you have changed of url.. But I never received any mail to advertise though I subscribed to the new blog I'm sure. Any idea?? I'm going to do it again to check. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok sorry.. Probably my fault as I follow you by Bloglovin.. Usually runs well! :) Just miss time to see all, even the blogs I love to see and read! Have a lovely week-end Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Gez. Love how you made the stripes and the colours are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite stamps & I love how you colored it in. Also the multi-colored stars are way fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx