Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Stampotique Designers Challenge ~ #177 New Years Resolution

It's that time again! But it's a special one!!! It's time for the first Stampotique Designers Challenge of the year. Hosted by our very lovely Claudine. Here is what Claudine has to say...

Most of us always create a new Years Resolution at the beginning of the new year. For 2015 try your hand at making something with your new years resolution in mind

Ooh! Great challenge Claudine.

I have chosen to make myself a bookmark complete with a sentiment to brighten my day and be a little reminder to me!


 Thank you for the challenge Claudine.

One of my resolutions is to read more... to take a little time out each night before I sleep. I normally use a bus ticket or an old receipt to hold my place but not anymore!

I created a bookmark using Distress inks for the background and acrylic paint. Antique Description was stamped onto scrap paper, coloured with inks and then collaged on to the background.

Fabulous was stamped directly onto the background using archival ink along with Romantic Text.

The sentiment To be a star... was stamped onto more scrap paper using archival ink, then cut out and added to the bookmark with a doodly edging!

Agatha Star was stamped onto white cardstock, coloured, fussy cut and added to the bookmark to make it complete. Isn't she a real cutie!

 
What a great project! So much fun!

I hope you can join in the fun over at the Designers challenge blog. Remember each weekly challenge is open for a whole month. Check on the blog for details and also for your chance to win one of two $30 gift certificates to spend in store.

Good luck and may you have a happy, creative New Year. Gez 

7 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea to make a bookmark with an affirmation on it Gez!!!! This is just perfect my lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bookmark Gez and the sentiment is so true! Enjoy your reading xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bookmark, hope you manage to make that bit of reading time for yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Fun textures and colors in your background. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gez! This little bookmark is beautiful! Happy New Year to you too - forgot to say on previous post! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx