Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Stampotique Designers Challenge #218 Blue & Brown colour challenge

Happy Wednesday everyone! It's time for a brand NEW challenge this week over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and I am delighted to be your hostess.. being a visual artist I am drawn to colour combinations and one of my all time favourites is blue and brown. I hope you have fun with it too!

Just recently I took the opportunity to move my studio to a warmer part of the house, I'm secretly heading for the attic! Sssh! In the move I discovered lots of little gems long forgotten, things I'd moved on from in my artful journey and got to thinking and decided to challenge myself to use them.. here is my card..


I took a piece of white cardstock and smooshed some China Blue and Vintage Photo distress inks onto it using a piece of foam, then added some water droplets! I haven't done this in  a g e s !!

I then stamped the gorgeous Large Love definition stamp onto the cardstock using a dark blue ink then over stamped the background with Splatter Long, my favourite Honeycomb backgroundDesign Cube 2 and the brand NEW Swirlywurly stamp. Joy Definition was then stamped onto a piece of white paper, inked with Vintage Photo, fussy cut to look like a piece of book page and added as a base for the lovely Lissi.

My stamped cardstock was then matted and layered using some old Basic Grey papers from long ago (which I still like stroking!!)

During the removals I came across a box of little white flowers so they got given a make over too and added to my card. I also used my favourite branch punch from many moons ago and found some gems to decorate the flowers, so much fun! Along with my favourite colours ♥♥

I hope you can join in with us this week, the Design Team of lots of inspiration to share with you. Remember please, to include this weeks challenge no. #218 when you enter, to have your name entered into the monthly draw. Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance.

  Happy creating, Gez ♥

2 comments:

  1. this is great gez - hopefully this will be the week I manage to join in! Lol! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous as always Gez. Thanks for a great challenge. Hope you have a lovely weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx