Hello & Welcome to my little corner of Blogland...

Lovely crafty people who follow my blog. Thank you....xxx

Sunday, 23 October 2016

Tando Creative ~ Anything Goes!

Happy Sunday!

I am delighted to be sharing a project today over at the [Tando Creative] blog. 

All this week the Design Team having been having fun with the 'Anything Goes' challenge theme.. I decided to decorate the inside front journal cover of the [Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Journal] I've been working on.. you can see the front cover [HERE]


First of all I glued some random pieces of plan paper to the journal page using [Clear Matte Medium]
  


Next I added a layer of [White Gesso] and stamped various stamps around the edges to create a border from my lovely friend [Roc Nicolas]


Then I set about choosing the colour palette.. 




Once dry I added some stencilling to the journal cover using Andy Skinner's [Burning Rubber] stencil and also the [Sequin Waste] mask and some of the DecoArt fluid acrylic paint.
  
 While this layer was drying I picked out [Carbon Black] and [Pyrrole Red]
 to add a contrast to the page..



I also couldn't resist adding some [Clear Crackle Glaze] inside the black circles!!

I noticed the washi tape kept peeling so I gave it a coating of [Clear Matte Medium] et voila! 


close ups of the crackles ! I could hardly wait...


 The texture is lovely and so tactile..



 Last of all I added a central image to the page as a focal point..
(stamp by Trish Latimer available from [The Artistic Stamper])



 My finished inside cover..


Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. So nice of you to pop by my blog.

Dream Big!

  Happy creating, Gez ♥


3 comments:

  1. Ohh I love ♥ this :) The colours are fabulous and of course the girlie is gorgeous. Be in touch soon. Take care dear lady. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gez, this is so beautiful! Great colour choices and I love that happy little girl! Take care! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic ! Especially love your background.
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a nice day.
Love Gez.xx